Shaping the future
The area between Dufferin and Keele, and Steels and Sheppard is undergoing a seismic shift. The old industrial heartland of Toronto is slowly emerging as the hyper-connected new economic hub of the city. Here are a few things that are shaping the future of DUKE Heights.
Here are a few white papers based on studies and presentations conducted by the City and other organizations, about the area.
- Setting the Stage: Encouraging Transit Supportive Places on the Finch West LRT Corridor
- Metrolinx Study – Finch West LRT Real Estate Market Conditions
- City of Toronto – Finch Avenue West Light Rail Transit Corridor Profile Excerpt
- Jennifer Keesmaat-Chief Planner & Executive Director, City of Toronto- Why Complete Streets? Presentation
- Keele Finch Public Realm Study-The DUKE Heights BIA commissioned a study from The Planning Partnership to set a higher standard in the public realm for the Keele/Finch intersection.
- City of Toronto – Keele Employment Area Study
Keele Finch Plus Study
South Bond Partnership with Ryerson University
DUKE Heights BIA
Transit will be redefining the whole area with new subway stations that apply the key design principles of integrating architecture, engineering and art. The future-friendly stations will not just add connectivity but will become points of pride across the area. Soon Duke Heights will have LRT, Subway and Metrolinks
crisscrossing the area and providing an incredible level of connectivity.
Beautification projects have already started transforming the main arteries of the area. Whether it’s planting trees to widening sidewalks, better lighting, or banners identifying the area, the support of key stakeholders like the city of Toronto is making a significant difference to the area.
As a business based in the area, you’re automatically entitled to a host of membership benefits from free security services like patrol dispatches, patrols of your property, alarm response, safe walk program and more. You also have access to a full service BIA office that works to promote and improve businesses in the area.