Are you a small business owner looking to implement additional safety measures for your employees in your workplace when you reopen?
Duke Heights BIA with Workplace Safety and Prevention Services (WSPS) is offering Free Small Business Advisory Services that matches small businesses (with less than 20 employees) with a Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP)® to help you as an employer improve health and safety in your business using simple, easy to implement solutions.
WSPS is a not-for-profit organization and a proud partner of Ontario’s occupational health and safety system having a rich history of making Ontario workplaces safer by helping businesses understand their risks and legal obligations to stay in compliance and build safer workplaces.
Benefits of the Program
- Cost: The program is FREE for all the eligible businesses!
- Support: An expert health and safety advisor will help and guide the employer through the short program
- On-Site Advice: On-site professional assistance from advisors will be provided at times that work for you. (Due to current social distancing guidelines, a video/virtual meeting is preferred for the first initial meeting with your assigned advisor)
- Time: Over a series of communications, you will spend approximately 10 hours working with your advisor at times convenient for you.
- Review: The advisor will work with you to review the current status of health and safety in your business, including a workplace walk-through to prevent potential accidents.
- Implementation: Listen to suggestions and new ideas from the advisor and implement changes that you feel are needed to improve your business.
- Follow-up: Keep the momentum going by sharing learnings with workers and continue to improve the health and safety of your business.
If you are a local business in the BIA with less than 20 employees and want to take advantage of this service, please send your query or submit your filled application to firstname.lastname@example.org.