Workplace Safety & Prevention Services is offering a unique opportunity to a limited number of micro businesses to join the WSIB performance-based incentive program for companies with 1-5 employees.
The cost to join this pilot program is $49 + HST only for a limited time and it is first come first serve.
This pilot program is built for small businesses (1-5 employees):
- Flexible timelines allow employers to work at their own pace
- Registration is open all year round with a 12 month cycle at $49 + HST for a limited time only.
- Recognition is based on individual participant performance and a rebate up to $1000 upon validation.
- A WSPS Volunteer/or an Excellence Guide will assist along the way as he/she will provide coaching/feedback as the business owner work to implement the Excellence program topic.
For more information, click on this link https://www.wsps.ca/Small-Business-Centre/Good-to-Know/Rebate-Program
Download WSIB Health and Safety Excellence program for Micro Businesses – flyer (538 KB PDF)
If you are a local business in the BIA with 1-5 employees and want to take advantage of this program, please submit your filled application to firstname.lastname@example.org.WSPS H&S Excellence program Application Form
For other business sizes over 5 employees, you can promote the WSIB H&S Excellence program through your regular communication channel.
This link provides further details https://www.wsps.ca/Health-and-Safety-Excellence-Program/WSPS-Health-and-Safety-Excellence-Program.aspx where the registration fees are based on the amount of premiums a company has paid the previous year.
Here is the breakdown:
- Small Firm with less than $100.000 in WSIB premiums is $800 + HST
- Medium Firm between $100,000 and $1M in WSIB premiums is $1700 + HST
- Large Firm greater than $1M in WSIB premiums is $2,500 + HST
To learn more, contact DUKE Heights BIA at email@example.com.