Contract Term: Full-Time/Permanent position with benefits
To Apply: Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Executive Director’ in the subject line. We thank all applications for their interest; however, we will only be contacting those being considered for this role. Duke Heights BIA is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply by February 7th, 2019
The DUKE Heights Business Improvement Area requires an Executive Director on a full-time basis. This is a salaried position with full benefits on a permanent basis. Salary expected to range up from $70,000.
The DHBIA is one of the biggest BIA’s in North America, has over 2500 businesses, 32,000 employees and is visited by over 34,000 people every workday.
The Executive Director will manage a portfolio of activities that range from the execution and supervision of planning and public realm improvements within the BIA, to communications, to stakeholder relations, to board and committee related business, to grant writing, to research, to design strategy management and reporting to funders and other stakeholders. The key components approved by the Board of Directors of the BIA are to:
- Manage staff and contracts and report to the Board as appropriate
- Gain direction from the Board of Directors and its Committee about the business of the BIA and provide advice to the Board as required
- Develop and maintain relations with other stakeholders
The Executive Director will play a critical role in supporting the DHBIA in planning, creating and implementing strategies that promote local economic strategies in the area. Key to the project will be the ability to develop quick ways engage with local businesses, stakeholders and prospective businesses that wish to move into the area.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors of the DHBIA and will primarily work at the DUKE Heights BIA office, but will frequently work around Toronto, primarily in North York, due to the nature of the position.
Responsibilities and qualifications of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinating ongoing meetings for the Board and its Committees
- Managing all administrative duties of the BIA, including payroll and payment of contractors
- Meeting with members and stakeholders as necessary
- Executing Board direction on a range of policies and activities
- Coordinating activities with other DHBIA staff and collaborating to carry out common objectives on all projects as necessary
- Continuing to build connections between organizations and leaders in the area
- Providing frequent updates and progress reports to the Board of the DHBIA, as required
- Strong communicator with high-level organizational skills
- Familiarity with Economic Development strategies, the DHBIA and its region
- BIA experience is an asset
- City of Toronto experience is an asset
- Comfortable managing partnerships and working with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Experience managing consultants
- Experience managing staff and contracts
- Experience working with the private sector
- Experience working with the not for profit sector
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, results-driven workplace
- Self-starter able to succeed with minimal supervision
- Post-secondary education or experience in Finance, Economics, Business, Government Relations or Communications or related fields is preferred