Open for bookings as of January 2nd, Medically Fit is inspired by Dr. Leslie Housefather, MD.’s desire for preventative healthcare. “After 25 years of practicing emergency and family medicine, I have seen impaired quality of life and so many preventable illnesses and injuries. Almost all diseases have modifiable risk factors which can be addressed with a proper diet, personalized nutrition and exercise plan, and those accompanied by appropriate medical interventions can benefit us all.”
“Our research has shown us that people want ease of use, streamlined processes and personalized care,” says Michelle Oliveira, Director of Operations and Marketing, Medically Fit. “Yes, there are apps out there, but these take a lot of dedication and discipline and some people struggle with that in their busy lives." As Dr. Housefather, MD. says, “Many people embark on popular fad diets and trendy fitness regimens only to find themselves not any better off one year later, even if they experience initial success. No medical regimen, diet or exercise plan is right for everyone. At Medically Fit, we customize a health and fitness plan specifically for you much like a tailor would customize your suit or dress.”
Medically Fit offers:
- Initial two-minute online assessment (first name in full and last name initial only) will be followed by an in-person consultation with Dr. Housefather (OHIP)
- Medical test requisitions including blood work and a stress echocardiogram are conducted followed by an in-person consultation at our clinic (2 Champagne Drive) including a 3D body composition scan, family and medical history and physical exam with Dr. Housefather who will review your results with you. Our Registered Dietitian and Exercise Physiologist will then conduct in depth assessments of your nutritional needs, strength, flexibility, balance and cardiovascular state. (2-3 hours)
- After the three experts review your case in detail, an integrated plan will be delivered to the client either live or virtually
- Monthly 3D body composition scans (15 minutes each) and bi-weekly virtual appointments (15-30 minutes each) with both their Registered Dietitian and Exercise Physiologist to monitor progress and customize the program as needed
- Conclusion of the program will include a final 3D body composition scan with a full report from the team.
Unique to their program is a 3D body composition scan using a state-of-the-art machine from Styku which recreates your body in 3D and shows you how your shape is changing over time, only takes 35 seconds and extracts dozens of body measurements including waist, hip, thigh, body fat %, bone and lean muscle mass and much more with medical-grade precision. They also offer these scans as a separate service in packages of one, three, and five scans.
The team at Medically Fit includes Dr. Leslie Housefather, MD., Michelle Oliveira, Magda in the Medical Office Administrator role, Colby, Matt, and Cassie as their Certified Exercise Physiologists (CEP) and Summiya and Kaitlin as their Registered Dietitians (RD). “As we grow, we will be excited to continue to build our team and hopefully expand into other cities”, says Dr. Housefather, MD.
Operating in unit C3 at the Champagne Centre at 2 Champagne Drive, the clinic is currently booking 3D body composition scans and full assessments and will be fully operational on February 6, 2023.
To book a consultation with Medically Fit, click here: https://medicallyfit.ca/medically-fit-consultation/
or, scan the QR code below.
For more information, visit their website and social media pages: