DUKE Scavenger Hunt – the amazing game filled with fun experiences and exploration is back for 11 days from May 21st to May 31st. The Contest is open to legal residents of Ontario. Participants who have not reached the age of majority in Ontario at the time of entry into this Contest must be accompanied by an adult for taking part and claiming prizes.
The contestants will need to visit a number of businesses and different landmarks in our area and complete certain activities on the GooseChase app to earn points and win 11 daily prizes and 3 grand prizes at the end.
Game Rules for the contestants: Q&A
- What is DUKE Scavenger Hunt? Duke Scavenger Hunt is a fun, competitive game among individuals and teams that encourages exploration and discovery of Duke Heights BIA, our community area and some of our valued local businesses.
- What’s DUKE Heights BIA? Duke Heights BIA is an association of over 2,500 businesses located within the following boundaries: Steeles Ave. W, Dufferin St., Sheppard Ave. W & Keele St.
- When does the game begin? The scavenger hunt begins at 12:00 PM EST on May 21st, 2022 and ends at 11:59 PM EST on May 31st, 2022.
- Can I play by myself or will I need a team? Individual play is possible, but team play is more fun!! (tip: sign up as individuals, even if you are playing together as a team, for more chances to win for the team 😊)
- Who’s eligible to play? All legal residents of Ontario who have reached the age of majority. Employees of Duke Heights BIA and their immediate family (i.e. parent, spouse, sibling, child, grandparent, grandchild) are not eligible to compete for prizes.
- Is there a cost to participate? No, it’s free!
- What do I need to participate? Each individual (or team captain) is required to have a smartphone with data capabilities and download the free Goose Chase app to participate (make sure your phone is fully charged) When downloading the app, you will be asked to accept the terms of references.
- How do I join the game? Once you download the Goose Chase app on your smartphone, choose a unique name for you/your team and simply join the game using code: 6DJ678. Then wait for the game to start on May 21st. IT’s that simple!
- How will I win points? Points are assigned for each completed task on the Goose Chase app, such as: Solve a riddle; Take a selfie/photo/video at assigned location and upload it in the app; Scan the QR code found at each location; Click “follow”, “like”, “review” for additional points. There is no preferred or designated order of completion of tasks.
- What’s in it for me, besides the fun? There will be a daily prize to be won for each of the 11 days of the event!!! Each daily prize is a $300 gift certificate/voucher redeemable at one of our awesome local businesses.
- Will I know which is the daily prize I compete for? No! We like surprises, and we bet you like them too!
And you won’t be disappointed, since we have lots of vouchers to choose from: restaurants, dance classes, glasses, teeth cleaning, luxury auto detailing, cookie baskets, groceries and many more!
- How do I win? Just play the game and accumulate as many points as possible in one day!
- How will I know if I won? Oh, you will! Keep an eye on the notification on the Goose Chase and a team member will ask for your email/phone number to contact you directly.
- What about the grand prizes? Each player (individual or team) is eligible for only one daily prize for the entire event. However, you are encouraged to continue to play for the entire duration of the event and accumulate as many points as you can. The 3 players/teams with most points at the end of the event will qualify to win one of the three grand prizes!
- What if there are more players with the same amount of points: Then the organizer team will have a random and impartial draw. The decisions are final.
The scavenger hunt will be conducted on an honor system. However, if the organizers deem that photos and/or videos have been photoshopped or otherwise digitally altered, you or your team will be disqualified.
If you or your team captain cannot be reached during the 24-hour period in which you have been declared a winner, you or your potential winning team will be disqualified and an alternate winning team will be selected using the same winning criteria described above from among the remaining applicable eligible entries received.
If a winner is under the age of 18, to claim a prize they must be accompanied by an adult.
Participants should follow the City of Toronto’s public safety guidelines at all times, including staying home if they feel sick or have reason to believe they have potentially been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
I STILL HAVE QUESTIONS: email us at email@example.comDownload and Print the Rules and Q&A